Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Wonderful 3 Months




Today marks three months since Kellum-Ann was handed to us. As I look back at that day, now much later, I get emotional. As I posted on February 26th, I did not get emotional when we received Kellum-Ann but now here it comes. The past three months have been wonderful with some moments of craziness. Blair and I have learned how to handle a toddler again and Nathan has learned what it is like to love a little sister. Just yesterday, I asked Nathan wasn't he glad that we had Kellum-Ann in our lives and this was his comment... "yes but I don't get alot of attention anymore", I thought to myself uh-oh how do I handle this, but before I could respond he said " but that is ok because she is a baby and I am older so I don't need as much." Well as you can see Nathan is a trooper. We have really tried to not change his world too much, but maybe we need to try a little harder.

Daily I think of Kellum-Ann's birthmother and what she might be doing. I wish I could tell her that Kellum-Ann is happy, safe and with a family that loves her. She was brave and carried her baby for nine months knowing that she would probably have to give her up. Wow... that is hard to handle. She chose life for her baby girl and I am so grateful to her for that! If she had chosen one of her other options,we would not have our precious little girl that is now so full of life!

Thanks to everyone that emailed us while we were in China. Those encouraging words got us through some rough hours those first two nights. We will never forget the support that Randolph County and abroad gave to us while we were half way around the world. I saved and printed out ALL 250 messages that we received through here and by email. I have a special place in her Life Book for them! I can't wait for her to read and understand the significance of her being here in this place, with this family at this time! What a wonderful testimony to be heard one day!

I will continue to post every week for our family and friends who do not get to see Kellum-Ann much... and everyone else is welcome to watch our little one grow as well! She is a bundle of energy and we love her dearly. I wondered before we received Kellum-Ann if I would be capable of loving her as much as Nathan... well now I believe God places that love in your heart and that it is there all the time. It is only when you choose to share it that it comes alive! I am glad that we chose to share it with a little angel from China that God chose for us. Maybe adoption is not for you or maybe it is... but God has put that love in your heart as well. Choose to share it with a child in need, if not through adoption then by helping financially or by giving of your time. Believe me you WILL be blessed by it!

I will end this post by sharing some of Kellum-Ann's accomplishments over the past 3 months:
  • Day 2 with us... did not care for Daddy too much - Day 90... loves him dearly
  • In China she would not walk(we knew that she could)... as soon as we got home, she went walking crazy
  • Now she still does not like to walk.... instead she loves to run!
  • Mama's Favorite Words that she can now say... mama, moo, Nanun (Nathan), cracker, bubbles, gaga (dada), dog, wuv woo (I love you), good girl, mone (c'mon), hi, bye bye, PLUS more but I won't bore you!
  • The girl loves the swimming pool!
  • When told to shake her booty... well guess what? She shakes her booty and can do her ballet turn and do a front roll (this is the proud dance teacher talking)
  • She made it through her first dance recital and loved it!
  • She loves to be at the baseball field watching her brother and flirting with the high school boys who umpire!
  • She loves to eat!!!
  • The girl loves to be naked!
  • She has used the potty several times!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us!

Blair, Vicki, Nathan and Kellum-Ann

This picture is of our family moments after gotcha, it has already been posted but I wanted t o look at it again!

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger drew and lori said...

what a beautiful post! you expressed such powerful thoughts. thank you for allowing us to be a part of your journey for this angel. congratulations on 3 months.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Denna said...

Great Post!! We have had our sweetie for almost 6 months. I know how Nathan feels. My oldest daughter sometimes feels like she is being left out. She was the baby for 7 years, so it has been a little rough for her. She loves her sister very much. She is starting to understand that babies demand attention.
I came across your blog and I love it. I also see that you are from Alabama. We are also, and we love it here.Congratulations on your three months. Kellum-Ann is a real cutie.
Denna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home