Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wonderful Blessings

Through our adoption experience, we have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people. Most of these individuals I know only through the internet. Once we received Kellum-Ann's referral, I immediately joined a yahoo group that are families who have adopted children from Suixi, the same orphange as Kellum-Ann. Before we traveled they gave me so much useful info about the orphanage and how Kellum-Ann spent her days. I saw pictures of the institution and made some wonderful friends. Since we have returned, I have stayed in touch with this group and we talk almost everyday on-line. Through this group I have found Kellum-Ann's crib mate, that by the way, was adopted 1 week after Kellum-Ann. And just this week met another family that returned 3 weeks ago with a sweet angel that was Kellum-Ann's playmate. These families have sent me pictures that they received from the Director that also have Kellum-Ann in them. I will cherish these pictures forever. I know you may saying, "they are just pictures", but these pictures are of Kellum-Ann before we met her. I consider them as another link to her time in this place that was her home for 17 months. You know... many times I am overcome with a sadness for her, but God quickly reminds me of what He has already done and what He has in store for her.

(the blog is not letting me post pictures at the moment, I will add later)

These pictures are from the 2 families that I mentioned. I cropped them to just show Kellum-Ann but I would love to show the complete pictures in person. Notice the picture of her in the crib holding a pink stuffed elephant... we sent this to her in her care package, so this picture was made after we received our referral and right before we traveled! The picture of Kellum-Ann in the red outfit was with Lilly. Lilly's mother emailed the group trying to find who the little girl was with her daughter and my heart sank when I saw that it was my Kellum-Ann.

3 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

WOW! That is priceless! I am so happy for you!

Sonya

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger drew and lori said...

i'm ready to see more Kellum-Ann photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home